The SPC has morphed into Isaac Physics, a DfE project run
from Cambridge University offering a wide range of free resources to to
teachers and to students in the 15 - 19 year age range.
We develop in students a deep understanding of physics through skills building
and problem solving, ideal preparation for physics, engineering, maths and
related subjects at top UK universities.
The Senior Physics Challenge residential summer school for Year 12 students
continues. Student places are now awarded for commitment and ability in
problem solving on Isaac Physics during the year. In 2016 it will run from the
afternoon of Monday 27th June to the morning of Thursday 30th June. See here for details.
- Skills development for A-levels - dual book/on-line problems.
- Challenging problem solving on isaacphysics.org GCSE+ to university.
- Maths problems to support physics.
- Live on-line tuition; face-to-face student workshops.
- Prizes for problem solving.
- "Extraordinary problem sets" - even more challenging extension.
- University admissions preparation.
- Isaac sets targeted A-level and also extension homework, marks and feeds back results to teachers.
- Cost price books for problem solving and extension.
- CPD (free) in key topics & problem solving - day and residential.
- Materials for core teaching and extension.
- Teacher-Isaac Physics partnership scheme.
- University admissions advice.
170,000 problems per week currently being solved on isaacphysics.org.
Learn by doing, with hints, concept sheets, guidance, immediate marking and feedback.
Dr Lisa Jardine-Wright and Prof. Mark Warner FRS (Course Directors)