The SPC has morphed into Isaac Physics, a DfE project run
from Cambridge University offering a wide range of free resources to to
teachers and to students in the 15 - 19 year age range.
We develop in students a deep understanding of physics through skills building
and problem solving, ideal preparation for physics, engineering, maths and
related subjects at top UK universities.
The Senior Physics Challenge summer school continues, student places now being
prizes for commitment and ability in problem solving on Isaac Physics. It
runs in early July of the AS year.
- Skills development for A-levels - dual book/on-line problems.
- Challenging problem solving on isaacphysics.org GCSE+ to university.
- Maths problems to support physics.
- Live on-line tuition; face-to-face student workshops.
- Prizes for problem solving.
- "Extraordinary problem sets" - even more challenging extension.
- University admissions preparation.
- Isaac sets targeted A-level and also extension homework, marks and feeds back results to teachers.
- Cost price books for problem solving and extension.
- CPD (free) in key topics & problem solving - day and residential.
- Materials for core teaching and extension.
- Teacher-Isaac Physics partnership scheme.
- University admissions advice.
170,000 problems per week currently being solved on isaacphysics.org.
Learn by doing, with hints, concept sheets, guidance, immediate marking and feedback.
Dr Lisa Jardine-Wright and Prof. Mark Warner FRS (Course Directors)